Tuesday, May 22, 2012

When Stopping, Looking & Leasing

OK, so we all have some level of expectation when it comes to customer service. However, that does NOT entitle one to Royal treatment. I have worked in several different fields, all of which were customer service oriented, but it wasn't until I entered into the apartment leasing/management industry that I witnessed such f**kery in adults. And I do mean f**kery. I mean to go to a eatery & have the a truly awful experience food & service wise does call for a word with the manager & hopes of them correcting the issue & perhaps offering you a free meal or 2. But, in the housing industry, there are just some people that need a swift hard meeting with 5 fingers to the face. Some people come looking for a custom built place to fit every want on their list of impossibilities. One thing to keep in mind is that unless you have a personal relationship with the builders, not one of your opinions were taken into consideration during the construction of an apartment community. The point of a multiple housing property is to house multiple people as comfortable as possible while taking full advantage of the space provided. Some people are built for it, some, not so much, but don't ruin the opportunity for someone else to make that judgement on their own because you feel the need to lash out about this or that. 90% if reviews I've read have been from people/persons who are simply throwing a tantrum because they could not have something their way. I myself have been sold a dream when it came to apartment home living. And yes, some things just can not go without being said. Be mindful of how you speak to & treat others. It could be you, your mother, father, son, granddaughter or elderly grandmother on the receiving end of that. As most people who look to get the most out of their money, I myself have a standard of living that I would be hard pressed to lower for any one reason so I am not by far encouraging anyone to change their own to appease their  agent.  I am simply saying that if you have much more cons than you have pros, it is best for all involved , that you just walk away. (That piece of advice fits into more than just real estate. Feel free to apply where needed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment