Friday, January 11, 2013

Hello 2013

I  am happy to say that I made it to 2013!! In one piece, with my peace, sanity, my loves, my health & my faith stronger than ever. In the last year I learned A LOT. I have learned to be patient, to actually live & do it with a little less fear! This year I brought in the new year with my family & as the clock struck 12, I was holding my daughter as I kissed the love of my life! And to be honest, when our lips touched, I felt something in my body jolt..... I was wonderful & scary all at the same time & to me it confirmed that he is the love of my life.... OK enough sappy stuff!! On to my resolution. Yes, only 1! And it is: be a better me all the way around.
I mean it includes everything that I think will make me a better Me than I was in 2012. So yes, that means better nutrition, getting in shape but on a more realistic scale! It also means saying what needs to be said & doing what needs to be done. See, I'm one of those people who gives a dam about other peoples feelings & I once bit my tongue. A LOT! I vow to do what Iyanla Vanzant calls "Calling a thing a thing" I have decided that life is better lived not holding thing on your chest & in your heart. It takes up space & time that could be used for love & compassion for the people who deserve it. So there it is. I hope you all brought in the new year safely & best wishes for all of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment